Saturday, January 30, 2010

Facebook Games


Okay so someone correct me if I'm wrong... But, wasn't Facebook created to keep in touch with people and to share things like photos and fun times? Well then what is the deal with all these freakin' games and clubs and crap. I mean if I wanted to farm I would go home to my parents and do it. I wouldn't sit on the computer and click buttons to water my crops and feed my cows. This phenomenon as they are calling it online is hilarious to me. It shows how our society as a whole is dumbing down. I mean is life really that boring that you can sit at a computer all day long and recruit people to be in your "mafia" or build barns to put animals in? I like video games as much as the next guy (probably a little more), so It may sound like I'm a hypocrite but I play REAL video games. Not building a farm on Facebook. To me it's pretty hilarious that people will sit on Facebook all day long. And yeah that might piss some people off but once again, this is my rant. My opinions on things. I like to check Facebook and see some updates and stuff but I've noticed that people will be on there all day long checking things and "stalking" people's pages. That's cool. If you like Facebook that much and don't have anything else to do, that's why it's there I guess. But back to the topic...

The other day I posted something on my Facebook to the effect of please do not send me any more invites to any Facebook games and most specifically Farmville/Farmtown (which is also a riot that there are two of them now) and Mafia Wars. Those seem to be the most popular. But after I made this post I had comments of people agreeing with me and people liking my status so I know some folks agree with me. I also got a message from some one who was a little angry with my post. Saying it offended them. I didn't even respond. So if you read this you're gonna be offended again. MY BAD. Actually no not my bad. I don't care at all. I think that the idea of Facebook has changed. It has gone from keeping up with people to stalking them and pestering them all the time. It's funny that people think they know someone because they look at their Facebook. But anyway I keep getting off topic. The subject here is the games. There are thousands of games for people to occupy their time on Facebook. If you want to play them that's cool just STOP sending me invites. Every time I log on there is another invite to one of those friggin' things. And maybe I over react when I almost crush the mouse trying to ignore them or ban them (which for some reason doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!) but I'm a very eccentric person and do tend to over react to things or blow them out of proportion. But I like to. Makes me happy.

So for all you "farmers" and "mobsters" out there have fun doin' what you do but PLEASE don't send me invites. I am too gangster in real life to be in a Facebook Mafia, ya dig? Oh and I have farmed in real life so I'm good with out Farmville/Farmtown too I'll find other ways to occupy my time. I promise I'm good so don't invite me to any games that are on Facebook. I'm sure there is some smartass somewhere out there that is gonna hit me with invites to every single game out there. I'll be ready with my ignore button. And probably another angry post on my account. Same as always let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment